To the average wedding guest, a couple of missed RSVPs might not sound like a big deal. “You only lose money for a few entrees, right?” Wrong.
If one couple assumes that two of their wedding guests (just two) are planning to attend, but they don’t show up, the couple can lose approximately $730.77.
I bet you are wondering, “How could that be? Dinner probably doesn’t cost more than $150 per person!?!”
Here is a possible breakdown –
- $79.20 — Cocktail Reception Hors d’ Oeuvres for Two (2) People + 20% service charge + 10% sales tax
- $63.36 — Bar @ $24 per person + 20% service charge + 10% sales tax
- $396.00 — Dinner Reception Meal @ $150 per person + 20% service charge + 10% sales tax
- $42.40 — Dinner Menu Cards, Ceremony Programs, and Escort Cards for Two (2) People
- $95.00 – Chiavari Chair Rental, Place Settings and Napkins for 2 People + 6% Sales Tax
- $26.71 — Gourmet Candied Apple Favors @ $12.00 each + 6% Sales Tax + Shipment
- $28.10 — Wedding Cake @ $9 per Slice + 6% Sales Tax + Delivery
So, the next time you need to RSVP for an event, call, write or text. Just do it. — Let them know your plans. It is the least you could do to for the the couple. And who knows — You could be costing the couple as much as $730.77. Or maybe a lot more.
And, that’s a lot more than you think, right?
For more instructions and recommendations for your wedding day stationery, download our Wedding Stationery Guidebook here.
Love and Soul Always, Kawania